Why support science? How does discovery of water on Mars concern you? How does the discovery of gravitational waves matter to you? I mean science is for nerdy scientists who don’t have a life, right? Let’s count the blessings:
- You are staring at a screen.
- Possibly wearing spectacles.
- You were vaccinated as a kid.
- Someone you cared about was saved in a hospital.
- You know you are not the centre of the universe.
- It’s so hot. But wait! Your air conditioner is on.
- Your phone is ringing.
- You live in a building with fully funtioning electricity lines, water pipes, drainage system.
- You know how different you are from your dog.
- You know where you live.
- You can be saved from a natural disaster.
- The lifespan of your species has increased.
- You can go wherever you want.
- You are not dead by anxiety because you know everything is not random. God doesn’t play dice.
- You know Luke Skywalker.
- You will probably be saved when your planet ceases to exist.
So, yeah. What has science done for you? Science is not something you are forced to study in high school. Science is your entire life, whoever and wherever you are.
You need science more than it needs you. And more than science, your home needs YOU.
Our Earth needs us. Not for just 22 April. Everyday. Marching won’t help guys. Doing productive output resulting activities will.
Stand up for science. Love the earth.
Happy Earth Day. Happy Earth life.